The 14th International and interdisciplinary Conference of the Research Cooperation European Cultures in Business and Corporate Communication (EUCO) was held 23-25 October 2014 in Turku (Finland).
The congress gathers both researchers and practitioners from the field of international and intercultural business and corporate communication in order to discuss newest research results as well as to exchange well founded experiences from corporate life in the area of cross media.
By gathering experts from different fields the congress can offer interdisciplinary knowledge and in-depth insights into relevant areas of business communication in international settings. In addition the congress brings both researchers and practitioners from corporate life together. That is why the congress is seen as a result driven event, searching for answers to relevant questions in the main thematic field of the event.
The main theme of the congress can either be dealt with from a general perspective, combining different aspects of the detailed themes listed below or by dealing specifically with one of the following themes. The congress languages are English and German. Even other kinds of aspects, than those listed below, dealing with the main congress topic can be presented, after having been accepted by the organizer.
A. Basic aspects
- What is the role of corporate communication nowadays in theory and/or practice?
- How can conformity to corporate standards be attained through integrated communication in the diverse media landscape and how can successful communication of cross media campaigns be measured?
- How can the areas of advertising, PR, CSR etc. be differentiated in times of cross media communication?
- What are the fundamental intercultural challenges for international corporate communication nowadays?
- What kind of interdisciplinary issues are relevant for cross media corporate communication?
- How does cross media development influence the relationship between internal and external communication?
- What are the methods to investigate culture specific aspects of corporate communication in cross media?
B. Social and other media
- How do social media influence communication?
- Have the internal communication structures in corporations changed in the course of technical development?
- Who controls/forms corporate communication in times of increasing significance of social media.
- How can target group communication be optimised in the course of developing new/social media?
- In which way do social media facilitate the possibility that users could take part in forming corporate communication?
- What role does persuasive communication play in the social web and in which way can it be controlled by corporations?
- What kind of linguistic characteristics or tendencies are linked with the increasing use of the social web?
- Which functional, formal or macrotextual differences in target group communication occur when comparing different media usages internationally/cross culturally?
- What are the legal predispositions for advertising communication? Country comparisons possible.
- What role does nonverbal communication play in social and other media in different countries/regions?
C. Innovations in communication through social media
- What function does storytelling have for corporations when coordinating online with offline communication
- Which new niches are emerging in the area of persuasive communication due to technological innovation?
- What kind of possibilities/challenges result from the increasing significance of social media for integrated communication?
- What is the role of mediators as agencies, associations etc. for corporate communication?
- How can a consistent branding strategy be carried out in the area of cross media?
- Does communication in social media create novel ways of communicating?
D. Culture specific and intercultural issues
- How can culturally relevant differences in ways of communicating with target groups be analyzed and converted into a systematic communication strategy on international level?
- How can cross media promote acceptance of a specific corporate culture by employees in different settings of national cultures?
- How can cross media contribute to a change in corporate culture?
- Concrete examples of cross-cultural/culture specific surveys in target group communication.
- In which way do national cultures, branche cultures, or corporate cultures influence the possibility of communicating specific brand profiles on an international basis?
- What culture specific aspects influence target group communication online and offline?
- What kind of culture specific phenomena can be discerned in communication within certain media channels?
- Is the relationship between verbal and nonverbal communication branche dependent?